Friday, December 21, 2007

Two Exciting Concert Announcements!!!

Whoo! I'm so excited for Concert Season 2008 :)

We will be sure to bring news on bands we recommend going around the country.

The first touring news we have is that 3 of the 5 bands for The AP Tour 2008 have been anounced. Last year, the bands Circa Survive, Cute is What We Aim For, As Tall As Lions, and Envy on the Coast were with the tour. (Our particular favorite is Envy on the Coast.)

This year, we are both VERY excited for the line up that's been announced thus far:

Sonny: This is a group we really don't know anything about. Their sound is very out there...

Forever the Sickest Kids: We don't really know a lot about this band either, but we're VERY into their sound. I'm personally excited to see what these guys bring to the tour.

The Matches: Love love love love LOVE!!! Tris and I both saw this band at the Warped Tour earlier this year, and I saw them a time previous to this. This band is amazing. Their sound is different from anything you'll ever hear. Shawn Harris shows how thin the line between genius and insanity really is.., but in a good way. (Don't belive me, read his blog) Below is the most fascinating music video you will ever see. The song is a little apart from what they normally sound like, but it still gives that kind of off-kilter feel to it that The Matches are all about.




Second music news. Warped Tour. Oh yes. It's beginning. No, not the concerts of course. I needs to be summer for that. But every year (usually around January), www.warpedtour.com slowly announces bands that will be appearing for either part of, or the entire Warped Tour. Ok, seriously, I have to say now. If you have the means, go to the Warped Tour. It's $30 for 50+ bands. There's so much to do and see there too. If you like even ONE of the bands, it's completely worth it. And now, a handful of names have been released. I'm particularly excited for only a few so far.


Gym Class Heroes: If you listen to to any pop radio station, you've heard them. You know, "take a look at my girlfriend, cos she's the only one I got".. the rap version. These guys are actually pretty good. Yeah, it's part rap, but they're actually a BAND.. with a drummer, guitarists, etc.

Relient K: These guys are NOT really my cup 'o tea. I'm not much into the Christian Rock thing. But some of their songs are REALLY good. I'll definately cruise by their set if I have a gap between other bands (lol)

The Academy Is...: Excuse me while I do my spastically happy dance. I love this band even more than I love The Matches. Tristian as well. I saw them once, and if you read the blog.. you'll see that I ranked them in the top best concerts list. They are just awesome in concert. And incredibley nice guys. If you end up at at Warped this year, SEE THIS BAND.


Other Bands Announced:

The Briggs, The Bronx, Every Time I Die, From First to Last, The Street Dogs, Reel Big Fish, Norma Jean, We the Kings, Devil Wears Prada, Pierce the Veil, The Color Fred, 3Oh!3, The Lordz, Katy Perry, Shwayze

Below is a video by The Academy Is... (I <3 William's hair)

No comments: